Sunday, May 4, 2008

Coachella Pt 2

Well, it's been a week since I spent three days in the desert listening to music. It's an annual event for me. This was the fourth time I've gone. I will try and go every year from now on, as long as I am able.

Some quick thoughts on some of the bands:

1. Prince - This was pretty much a once in a lifetime thing for me. I like Prince enough, but would never actually pay to go to one of his concerts. But this was amazing. I knew we were in for a treat when Morris Day came out and did Jungle Love. Then he transitioned into Sheila E doing Glamorous Life. The rest of the set was amazing. I danced and screamed like crazy during the whole set. Of course, by now everyone has heard about the amazing cover of Creep he did.

2. Goldfrapp - Probably my favorite of the weekend, made all the more impressive considering all of the technical and sound problems they had. I really hope that Goldfrapp tours this year. I will definitely be there.

3. The National - I can't believe I missed them. But they were on the same time as Goldfrapp, and there was no way I was gonna miss Goldfrapp. I hope they do a tour on their own. They're opening for REM at the Hollywood Bowl, but I am not gonna shell out a ton of money just to see the opening band.

4. Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip. This is the set everyone is gonna regret missing. the last time I asked about their album at Amoeba, all I got was a puzzled look. Apparently their album is coming out in the UK in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the American version will come out soon.

Overall, it was three days, 25 bands seen, and a ton of Gatorade. I had ablast and can't wait to see what they do for next year.

You can see the pics I took with my crappy digital camera on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7959466@N08/

No comments: